Wonderful Birdwatching Venue
- An delightful little Maison d'Hôte in western France.
- An interesting variety of birds to observe in the immediate vicinity.
- Many other species can be seen within a short drive.
- Friendly advice, information and support freely available from your hosts.
- An idyllic venue, remote, undiscovered, yet easily accessible.
- Walking and cycling and just simply relaxing are also available.
- Appealing places natural interest, culture and history within a short drive.
- Absolutely everything during your stay is included in the price.
- Guests (and hosts alike) very much enjoy the leisurely evening meals with excellent food and wine, animated conversation and great bonhomie.
Le Moulin du Chemin has received guests for many years and many have been birdwatchers. The hosts at le Moulin du Chemin take a lively interest the birds that we and our guests observe in and around le Moulin du Chemin.
"An amazing break with beautiful scenery and wonderful hospitality, very sad to leave. Fantastic birds of prey!" - Mady & Dave, Guildford, UK
The following further information is available and Carolynn and Peter will be pleased to provide the further information to anyone interested – please feel free to contact us.
Sightings – lists of birds and locations of bird sightings at and around le Moulin du Chemin based on guests’ observations.
Moulin Diary – an extensive dairy kept by the hosts at le Moulin du Chemin of our own and guests’ sighting at and around site since Spring 2007.
Abstract – list of ninety-three birds that nest in the immediate region of the Moulin du Chemin recorded by the local ornithological society.
Venues – information gleaned from John Gooders excellent book Where to Watch Birds in Britain and Europe. John Gooders notes that in autumn nearly 250,000 waders arrive at Baie d’Aiguillon (less than 1½ hour’s drive from le Moulin du Chemin) and half of them overwinter in the area.
"An absolutely wonderful week - the walks, the flowers, the birds, the peacefulness and beauty all around - and most particularly, the kindest hospitality from Peter and Carolynn...." Carolyn, Dublin, Ireland
John Gooders also describes where to see a lot of interesting birds (within less than a couple of hour’s drive from le Moulin du Chemin) at Ile d’Oléron, the Marennes Marshes. Birds that he has observed are listed according to various local areas and categorised winter, summer and passage.
".....The birdsong and utter peace is unforgetable....." - Stewart & Merrill, Sydney, Australia
An large number of other species are to be seen in the Marais Poitevin. (Marais Poitevin is about one hour’s drive from le Moulin du Chemin, on the route to Baie d’Aiguillon).
"A wonderful, wonderful holiday! Gourmet meals, super attentive hosts, great companions, lovely birds and much more....." Ricky, Hong Kong
More About The Holidays
We trust that Birdwatching at le Moulin du Chemin is of interest. In this case you will want to be satisfied that the accommodation, facilities, hospitality, ambiance, etc, are up to your expectations. The buttons below provide further information.